“Heh, He Said, ‘dump’”
This is what we call in the packaging industry a Bulk Dump-bin:
Though many years have passed since I started working in the packaging industry and in that time I have made many bulk dump-bins, I still cannot help but to laugh a little whenever I hear or say the phrase.
The particular bulk dump-bin pictured above and another just like it will be used to hold plush toys in SLG Publishing’s store section of their booth at Comic-con Internation (less than one month from now).
After more than 100 hours of work, including a couple of weeks worth of 16+ hour days, my part of the booth construction is nearly complete.
Still left to complete:
- Assemble 20 SLG Logos
- Test-assemble the column design (which had better work, because I don’t have much time left to make revisions)
- Manufacture three spanners for the storage room
- Build a modular panel for the T-shirt display
- Build the T-shirt rack (or whatever solution we come up with)
- Ship the display elements from Union City to San Jose (which is harder than it sounds, as everything is really, really big)
More pictures of the both in progress are still to come.